This summer, our kids learned history by living it!
logo created by FLETCH Creative
Thank you to our Campers, their Families, our Staff and Everyone who helped make our first ever Camp Flashback a success!
Everyone had Fun on the Farm this summer! Some of our activities included:
* Milking and feeding goats
* Hand-churning butter and ice cream
* Making and playing board games
* Gardening and planting herbs & sunflowers
* Learning to weave, sew and make a quilt
* Having scavenger hunts around the Donaldson-Bannister Farm property
* Learning about “Old Buck”, the train that ran up and down Chamblee Dunwoody Road 100 years ago
* And so much more!
We want to give a special Thank You for our Guest Speakers:
Valerie Biggerstaff, Jessie & Cricket Franklin, Dolores Lauderdale, Kathy Penn & Lord Banjo, Gertrude “Trudy” Rudert, Lynn Tinley, Natalie Webber, Matthias Young and the Dunwoody Police Dept.
We will be back next year! Mark these dates on your calendars!
Registration will open in January, 2019!
For more information about Camp Flashback, please contact Suzanne Huff, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by Dunwoody Preservation Trust and staffed by experienced educators, Camp Flashback will let campers experience history by doing the ordinary things the original children of the farm would have done. They will get the feel of living in the past as they learn by doing.